Application and Interview Process
for Internal Medicine Residents
Interviews for the Central Michigan University Internal Medicine Residency program begin in October and run through January. Eight first-year slots are available each year.
Applications are taken through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and the application deadline is December 31, 2014.
- A medical school graduate within the past two or three years.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident or international medical graduate. Non U.S. citizens require J1 visas, and we do not sponsor H1 visas at this time.
- Passed step 1 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination and step 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) on first attempt with a score of no less than 220.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certified.
- Copies of (which we will obtain from your ERAS application):
- USMLE transcript
- ECFMG report
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's letter
- Personal statement
- Three current letters of reference
What we provide on interview day:
- Dinner the night before your interview.
- Lodging for yourself and your family/significant other.
- Welcome letter and package.
- Free breakfast buffet at the hotel and transportation to/from the hotel.
- Lunch the day of your interview with residents and faculty.
- One-on-one interviews with faculty members.