Residency applications start with ERAS
To apply for any of our residency programs, you must submit an application through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The CMU College of Medicine only accepts application materials sent electronically through ERAS. For more information on how to apply via ERAS, contact your medical school dean of student affairs, or visit the
ERAS web site to review application procedures.
Applications to our residency programs should include:
Eligibility requirements for all medical students:
Requirements for international medical students:
- ERAS common application form with personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE transcripts (MD) OR
- COMLEX transcripts (DO)
- ECFMG certificate (for international medical graduates only)
International medical graduates must also have a valid
ECFMG certificate and visa. Permanent resident status or J-1 Visa is required.
- Graduates of non-U.S. based medical schools must have a medical degree and fulfill all educational requirements to practice medicine in the country where the degree was obtained.