Welcome to CMED!
The Central Michigan University College of Medicine uses the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) to receive and process all visiting student applications. If you are a student attending a U.S. LCME accredited or a participating COCA accredited AACOA member school, please
click here for complete application instructions.
Please direct all VSAS questions to:
Ms. Amy Faber
Coordinator of Student Performance and Assessment
Under no circumstances shall an interested student from another school make independent arrangements with a faculty member for an elective prior to submitting an application. When assigning students to electives, priority will be given to enrolled CMED students.
All inquiries regarding elective opportunities must be initiated with Ms. Faber.
There is no application fee at this time.
CMED offers a limited number of clinical electives to medical students currently enrolled in an LCME/COCA accredited school who meet the academic pre-requisites and requirements of the elective.
Students attending international medical schools are not accepted at this time for electives at CMED.
Only electives listed on this site and the VSAS site are allowed.
- Students must be in good academic and professional standing at their home school.
- Students must have taken and passed the USMLE Step 1 exam or the COMLEX-USA Level 1.
- Students must meet requirements and pre-requisites listed for each elective.
- Students must present proof of
current vaccinations and malpractice coverage insurance.
- Students must present a copy of their most recent criminal background check