College of Medicine-Honors Program
The College of Medicine Honors is an early assurance program for select undergraduate members of the
Central Michigan University Honors program.
Twenty Central Michigan University Honors Scholar students will engage in CMU College of Medicine clinical, classroom and community events as part of a program tailored to prepare them for a medical school education. The program will begin in the spring of 2015.
College of Medicine Honors students will be selected from the honors program as freshmen in their first semester at CMU. After experiencing the clinical, classroom and community events and working with a mentor from the medical school, up to five participants will be offered an early assurance of admission to the College of Medicine before the start of their senior year.
College of Medicine Honors students must take the Medical College Admissions Test no later than May of their junior year and achieve a minimum score of 24 to be considered for the five slots. All program participants must complete a College of Medicine application and participate in the College of Medicine multiple mini interviews.
Students not selected can still apply through the regular American Medical College Application Service process.
Applications for the early assurance program will be available in the fall 2014 semester. College of Medicine Honors will be an ongoing program, with 20 honors students joining each year.
Minimum requirements for application
- Meet the CMU Honors Program requirements for grade-point average and ACT score.
- Verification of U.S. or Canadian citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status.
- Completion of the College of Medicine Honors application.
- CMU College of Medicine prerequisite courses
- Maintenance of a 3.25 GPA
- Participation in College of Medicine Honors seminars
- Participation in community, volunteer and clinical activities consistent with the CMU College of Medicine mission
- Submission of a score from the Medical College Admissions Test in the junior year
- Application to the CMU College of Medicine no later than Aug. 1 of senior year
- Compliance with the CMU College of Medicine essential standards for matriculation, promotion and graduation as well as the College of Medicine’s terms and conditions of acceptance
- Criminal background check before matriculation to the College of Medicine
Please visit the CMU Honors Early Assurance
website for a complete program overview.