Minimum requirements for applicants for the BCMB Ph.D. and M.S. programs are listed below. In some cases, a deficit in a single area may be compensated for by a clear superiority in another area.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
- Overall GPA of 3.0 and major GPA of 3.0
- GRE scores (general exam) MCAT or similar tests for admission to professional school may substitute for the GRE
- A strong background in basic sciences including biology, chemistry, and mathematics
- International students must demonstrate English proficiency
- Sponsorship by a faculty member participating in the program
Research experience is strongly preferred for the BCMB Ph.D. program
Click here to learn how to apply to CMU's BCMB programs.