Deadline for application materials: February 1
All application materials must be received at Central Michigan University by February 1, 2014 in order for your application to be considered for admission into the program. Review of materials will begin in January 2014 for fall 2014 admission.
How to apply
Contact a faculty member
First, contact a faculty member with whom you are interested in working. In order to be accepted into the program, your application must be sponsored by a participating faculty member who is willing to take you into his or her research program.
Complete application forms and required materials
Application forms are available via the CMU College of Graduate Studies website. All of the following materials must be submitted online:
- CMU graduate application
- Official transcripts for any B.S. and M.S. degrees
- Official GRE scores, general test only (CMU institutional code is 1106; no separate program code)
- A personal statement outlining your interest in the EES program, identifying the faculty mentor with whom you've already been in contact, and describing your prior research experiences and how they will contribute to your future success
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- International students must provide evidence of English proficiency (CMU institutional code is 1106)
Only applications with all required documents and forms completed will be reviewed. The College of Graduate Studies must confirm your application meets the basic standards for graduate admission before your materials will be forwarded to the EES program office. Once received, the EES program office will coordinate evaluation of all completed applications by the EES faculty.
This process takes time, so please be patient. You will be contacted when a decision has been made on your application.
Letters of acceptance
All letters of acceptance will be sent before March 1, 2014. Deadline for accepting offers is April 1, 2014.