Ph.D., Systems Engineering, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2012
M.S., Systems Engineering, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2010
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Kookmin University, South Korea, 2005
Multi-scale modeling of respiratory flows and aerosol dynamics
- Inhalation devices and pediatric drug delivery
- Health effects of environmental aerosols
- Fluid-structure interactions, multi-phase flows, vortex dominated flows
- Turbomachinery, sprays, and combustion
- Large eddy simulation, perturbation methods
- High-performance computing
|Selected Publications and Presentations|
J. Kim and J. Xi, "Hygroscopic growth of fine aerosol in the nasal airway of a 5-year-old child" in Risk Assessment and Management, Z. Zhang (ed.), Academy Publish Inc., Cheyenne, WY, in press, 2012.
- J. Xi, J. Kim and X. Si, "Evaluation of Nanoparticle Deposition in the Nasal-laryngeal Airways of a 9-month-old Infant, a 5-year-old Boy and an Adult," in Risk Assessment (ISBN 979-953-307-765-8), Y. Luo (ed.), INTech Open Access Publisher, Rijeka, Croatia, in press, 2012.
J. Xi, J. Kim, X. Si and Hualiang Zhong, "Modeling of Release Position and Ventilation Effect on Direct Nose-to-Brain Aerosol Drug Delivery," Respiratory Physiology and Neurobiology, 2012.
- J. Xi, J. Kim, A. Berlinski, Y. Xhou, B. Greenberg and X. Ou, "Breathing Resistance and Ultrafine Particle Deposition in Nasal-Laryngeal Airway of a Newborn, an Infant, a Child and an Adult," Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2012.
- J. Xi, J. Kim and X. Si, "Modeling of Aerosol Properties in Inhalation Toxicology and Respiratory Drug Delivery," Inhalation and Toxicology, 2012.
- J. Xi, J. Kim, X. Si and X. Ou, "Effect of Laryngopharyngeal Anatomy on Airflow and Nasoparticle Deposition in Human Nasal Airways," Journal of Aerosol Science, under review.
J. Kim, J. Xi and X. Si, "Dynamic Growth and Deposition of Inhaled Aerosols in Human Nose," Internal Journal of Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, in press, 2012.
- J. Xi, J. Kim, X. Si and A. Berlinski, "Airflow and Aerosol Dynamics in a 5-Year-Old Nasal Airway Model," Journal of Aerosol Science, 42:156-173, 2011.