Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2011
M.Sc., McGill University, 2007
B.Sc. (Honours), McGill University, 2004
Remote Sensing, Geographic Information Science, Environmental Science
Multispectral and Hyperspectral Remote Sensing, Spatial Analysis, Environmental Modeling, Biogeography and Landscape Ecology, Human-Environment Interactions, Wetlands
- Heumann, BW, Walsh, SJ, Verdery, AM, McDaniel, PM, Rindfuss, RR. (In Press). Land Suitability Modeling Using a Geographic Socio-Environmental Niche-Based Approach: A Case Study from Northeastern Thailand. Annals of the Association of American Geographers.
- Heumann, BW. (2011). An Object-Based Classification of Mangroves Using a Hybrid Decision Tree - Support Vector Machine Approach. Remote Sensing. 3, no. 11: 2440-2460.
- Heumann, BW, Walsh, SJ, McDaniel, P. (2011). An Assessment of Presence-Only Model for Crop Suitability Mapping, Nang Rong, Thailand. Ecological Informatics. 6(5): 257-269.
- Heumann, BW. (2011). Recent Advances of the Remote Sensing of Mangrove Forests and Future Opportunities. Progress in Physical Geography. 35(1).
- Heumann, BW, JW Seaquist, L Eklundh, P Jonsson. (2007). "AVHRR Derived Phenology Change in the Sahel, Soudan, and Guinean Regions, Africa, 1982-2005." Remote Sensing of Environment 108(4): 385-392.