Dow Science Complex 292
Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2002
M.S., University of Illinois, 1993
B.S., Eastern Illinois University, 1989
Geographic Information Sciences, Remote Sensing, Image Processing, Environmental Science, CAD Mapping for GIS
Applied Remote Sensing, Spectral Signature Processing/Analysis, Environmental Science, Wetland Ecology
- Becker, B.L., 2008, Mapping Chlorophyll-a Concentrations in West Lake, China using Landsat 7, Journal of Great Lakes Research, Vol. 34: pp. 559-565.
- Becker, B.L., 2007, A Classification-based Assessment of the Optimal Spectral and Spatial Resolutions of Coastal Wetland Imagery, Remote Sensing and Environment, Vol 108: pp. 111-120.
- Becker, B.L., D.P. Lusch, J Qi; 2005. Identifying optimal spectral bands from in-situ measurements of great lakes coastal wetlands using second-derivative analysis, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 97: pp. 238-248.
- Herricks, E. E., B. L. Becker, and J. A. Wickenkamp 1994. Manual for the Development of Wetland Replacement Areas in Illinois. Illinois Department of Transportation.
- Becker, B. L., and D. Tazik 1994. Utilization of Geographic Information Systems for Wetland Mapping. Technical Paper, USACOE.