Skip navigation

CSE Student Success Center

The College of Science & Engineering Student Success Center is hosting walk-in advising during the Fall 2017 add/drop week.

  • General add/drop questions
    • ET 126
    • Monday, Aug. 28 - Friday, Sept. 1
    • 1:30pm - 4pm
  • Pre-Health Professions add/drop questions
    • Emmons 136A
    • Monday, Aug. 28 - Friday, Sept. 1
    • 1:30pm - 4pm

One-on-one advising appointments will start on Tuesday, September 5th. Call 774-7506 to make your appointment.

​​​​​​​​​​​Are you.....

  • A College of Science and Engineering major?
  • Undecided but enjoy all things science & tech related?
  • Not sure what courses to take?
  • Full of questions that need answers?

Then come visit us, we're here to help!​​​

What We Do

Academic advising, career services and help finding tutoring services.

Our Location and Hours

ET Building 126. We are open from Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM daily, or by appointment.

​Contact Us

Make an appointment.  Call 989-774-7506.

You can also contact one of the following people:

Heidi Mahon
Director of CSE Student Services
ET Building 101
Brooke Helm
Director of the SERC
Associate Director of Student Services
Woldt 136B
Lizandro Tremolada
CSE Academic Advisor
ET Building 126A
Ryan Phillips
CSE Academic Advisor
ET Building 126C
Megan Wertz
CSE Academic Advisor
ET Building 126B
Amber Schneider
Pre-Health Professions Academic Advisor
Emmons 136A
Heather Masters
Career Coach
Ronan 240


If I visit an academic advisor in the CSE Student Success Center, do I still have to see my faculty advisor?

Yes. CSE Student Success Center academic advisors will help you with your major map but you will still need a faculty advisor to declare your major. Also, it is helpful to have a relationship with an expert in the field of your interest.

What should I bring to my appointment with a Student Success Center academic advisor?

Come prepared by bringing a copy of your Bulletin and orientation documentation (for transfer students only). We recommend that you keep copies of all forms and documents for your records.

How often should I meet with an academic advisor?

You should meet with an academic advisor (either one in the CSE Student Success Center or your faculty advisor) at least once a semester to discuss your plans and to make sure you are on-track to graduate in a timely fashion.

Can my parents talk to my academic advisor?

Advisors are limited about what information can be shared with parents due to federal laws.

How do I Declare my major(s) and/or minor(s)?

You need to officially declare your major by the time you have 56 credit hours. You should contact your faculty advisor to schedule a time for filling out the online major form.

I have questions about majors​ or career options. Can an advisor in the CSE Student Success Center help me?

Yes! If you are undecided but are leaning towards a science- or technology-related career, we can help you find the right major and career path for you. Please come see us!

Can I get help from the CSE Student Success Center for post-graduate applications?

Absolutely. We can help you write your resume and prepare for interviews.

Is the CSE​ Student Success Center for students that are on academic probation?

Yes, regardless of your academic status we can answer your questions and are here to help.

Useful Links

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Website Feedback | Desktop View