xpand your academic interest living and learning alongside other students pursuing studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Residents living in the SERC enjoy:
- Priority Registration for CSE Courses
- Career-related Programs
- Academic Advising
- Academic Field Trips
- Interaction with Faculty and Professionals
- All at No Additional Fees
To be a resident of the SERC, you must:
- Must reside on Woldt 1st, 2nd, or 3rd floor
- Pursue a major/minor in the College of Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Meet with a CSE advisor each semester
- Attend one social program
- Attend one diversity program
- Attend two academic programs
- Attend two career programs
- Complete 10 hours of service each semester
- Attend mandatory meetings
- Follow the rules and regulations of the SERC
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations in CMU's Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Disciplinary Procedures.
As a member of the SERC, you will have an opportunity to interact with the College of Science & Engineering (CSE) community, as well as the broader CMU community. Although your experience in the SERC, as well as your success at CMU, is largely based on your academic achievement, your involvement in the SERC should be an enriching experience and we are here to help you achieve your goals.
The SERC is located in Woldt Hall and is an alcohol-, tobacco- and substance-free environment.
Have questions? Contact us for more information:
Brooke Helm, M.A.
College of Science & Engineering