- Ladd Research vacuum evaporator for carbon or metal evaporation
- Denton Desk II sputter coater with either gold or 60/40 gold/palladium target
- Polaron "bomb" critical-point dryer
- 1 RMC Powertome and 2 MT-2B Sorvall ultramicrotomes
- RMC GMK glass knife maker
- Standard chemicals and equipment for fixing and embedding samples for confocal microscopy, SEM, and TEM
- Equipment for freeze-fixation by plunging into liquid nitrogen and for making and plunge-freezing into slush nitrogen
Philip Oshel by email or phone (989-774-3576) for information or consultation on use of the preparation equipment, specimen preparation, and design of studies using microscopy.