The unique setting of the CMU Biological Station provides a wealth of opportunity for scientific research for faculty, students, teachers, and visiting researchers. The sheer variety of natural habitats on Beaver and the surrounding islands provide unmatched opportunities for research.
The Beaver Archipelago offers:
- Seven inland lakes on Beaver Island alone
- Nine islands
- Numerous bays and coastal wetlands
- Every major wetland type is located on Beaver Island
- Upland coniferous forest to beech-maple climax forest
- Some rare and endangered species
- Active dune succession
Are you interested in conducting research at the CMU Biological Station?