Computer science faculty members at CMU conduct research in a broad spectrum of areas:
- Informatics and Machine Learning
Jesse Eickholt, Ph.D.
- Social Media and Informatics
Lisa Gandy, Ph.D.
- Data Mining, Distributed Systems and Software Modeling
Gongzhu Hu, Ph.D.
- Spatial Statistics, Scientfic Computing/Visualization and Informatics
Patrick Kinnicutt, Ph.D.
- Software Engineering and Global Advertising Techniques
Roger Y. Lee, Ph.D.
- Computer Security, Security Informatics and Information Visualization and Data Mining
Qi Liao, Ph.D.
- Gaming and Accessibility
Tony Morelli, Ph.D.
- Multimedia, Computer Vision and Data Mining
S.N. Jay Murthy, Ph.D.
- Operation Systems and Distributed Processing
Ishwar Rattan, Ph.D.
- Computer Networks (wireless, multimedia), Mobile Devices and Applications, and Computer Mediated Education
Patrick Seeling, Ph.D.
- Computer Vision
Neelima Shrikhande, Ph.D.
- Databases and Algorithms
Lai P.S. Singh, Ph.D.
- Computer Security and Software Engineering
Michael C. Stinson, Ph.D.
- Biocomputing, Bioinformatics and Databases
Ahmet Ugur, Ph.D.