Brooks Hall 321
- Ph.D., Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, University of Michigan, 2007
- M.S.E., Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, University of Michigan, 2001
- B.S., Environmental Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1999
- American Geological Union (AGU)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP)
- Council on Undergraduate Research, Geoscience Division (CUR)
- Engineers without Borders USA (EWB)
Honors and Awards
Outstanding Student Presenter, American Geophysical Union Hydrology Section, 2006
Contaminant Hydrogeology, Interfacial Geochemistry
Hydro-climate trends, Contaminant hydrogeology, Interfacial geochemistry
Hydrogeology, Geochemistry, Environmental Geology
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Dahl, T.A., Ryder, J.L., Selegean, J.P. (2010). Non-Stationary Annual Peak Flows in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan; Potential Evidence for Climate Change Observed in the Mid-20th Century. American Geophysical Union National Meeting, December 13-17, San Francisco, CA.
- Ryder, J.L. and A.H. Demond (2008). The Influence of Wettability Hysteresis on NAPL Source Zone Architecture. American Geophysical UnionNational Meeting, December 15-19, San Francisco, CA.
- Ryder J.L. and A. H. Demond (2008). "Wettability Hysteresis and its Implications for DNAPL Source Zone Distribution." Journal of Contaminant Hydrology. 102(1-2): 39-48. DOI: 10.1016/j.jconhyd.2008.07.010.
- Ryder, J.L. and A.H. Demond (2006). Mechanism of Wettability Hysteresis in Natural Soils. American Geophysical Union National Meeting, December 11-15, San Francisco, CA. (Winner of AGU student presenter award).
- Ryder, J.L. and A.H. Demond (2006). Wettability Hysteresis in Soils Due to Order of Liquid Contact. 80th ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, June 18-21, Boulder, CO.
- Ramsburg, C.A., and K.D. Pennell, L.M. Abriola, G. Daniels, C.D. Drummond, M. Gamache, H. Hsu, E. Petroskis, K.M. Rathfelder, J. Ryder, T. Yavaraski, (2005). "A Pilot-Scale Demonstration of Surfactant-Enhanced PCE Solubilization at the Bachman Road Site: (2)
System Operation and Evaluation." Environmental Science and Technology39(6): 1791-1801. DOI: 10.1021/es049563r.
- Abriola, L.M., A.H. Demond, H. Hsu, D.M. O'Carroll, T.J. Phelan, C.A. Polityka, and J.L. Ryder (2004). "Compositional Effects on Interfacial Properties in Contaminated Systems: Implications for Organic Liquid Migration and Recovery." Subsurface Contamination Remediation, (T. Zachry and E. Berkey, eds.) ACS Symposium Series 904, Chapt. 8, 160-182,Oxford University Press, Washington D.C. ISBN: 0841239061.