Brooks Hall 325
- Ph.D., Meteorology, St. Louis University, 2006
- M.S., Meteorology, St. Louis University, 2003
- B.S., Meteorology, University of Missouri-Columbia, 2001
- American Meteorological Society
Past President, Greater St. Louis Chapter (2003)
- National Weather Association
Member of the Weather Analysis and Forecasting Committee (3-year term)
Member of the Electronic Journal of Operational Meteorology Editorial Team (3-year term)
Honors and Awards
- 2009-2010 CMU Excellence in Teaching Award
Precipitation Systems, Synoptic Meteorology and Climatology, Numerical Weather Prediction, Weather Forecasting
- MET 240: Meteorology
- MET 340 and 345: Synoptic Meteorology I and II
- MET 315: Computer Applications in Meteorology
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Baxter, M.A., P. N. Schumacher, and J. M. Boustead, 2009: The Use of Potential Vorticity Inversion to Evaluate Upscale Impacts of Convection, submitted to the Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society.
- Baxter, M.A. and C.E. Graves, October 2006: A Case Example of the Role of Warm-Sector Convection on Mesoscale Banded Snowfall: 22-24 November 2003. Preprints, 23rd Conference on Severe Local Storms, St. Louis, Missouri, Amer. Meteor. Soc.
- Baxter, M.A., C.E. Graves, and J.T. Moore, December 2006: A Physically-Based Method for Diagnosing Snow to Liquid Ratio Using Climatology, National Weather Digest, 30, 29-44.
- Baxter, M.A., C.E. Graves, and J.T. Moore, 2005: A Climatology of Snow to Liquid Ratio for the Contiguous United States, Weather and Forecasting, 20, 729-744.