Brooks Hall 313A
- Ph.D., Information Technology in Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Honors and Awards
- 2009. NSF-MRI
R2 grant, titled “MRI-R2: Acquisition of a thermal manikin and guarded sweating hotplate for optimization of functional apparel systems to regulate heat and moisture”, funded for $350,000
- 2008. The Michigan Initiative for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MIIE) grant, titled “Michigan Functional Design Incubator - Phase I”, funded for $50,000
- 2007. Selected for poster presentation at Central Michigan University’s Faculty Excellence Exhibition
- 2006. Selected for poster presentation at Central Michigan University’s Faculty Excellence Exhibition
- 2003. USGS EDMAP grant, titled “Quaternary Sedimentology and Stratigraphy of the Beaver Island North and South Quads, Michigan”, funded for $6,000
Spatial and geostatistical statistics and modeling; Data mining; Educational software development; Scientific visualization and data analysis
Geologic hazards; Engineering geology; Geophysics; Computer programming and data structures; Object-oriented programming; Software engineering and design patterns
Selected Publications and Presentations
- 2010. Kinnicutt, P., Domina, T., MacGillivray, M. and Lerch, T. Knit–in 3D mapping’s effect on thermoregulation: preliminary results. Journal of the Textile Institute, Vol. 101:2, Feb. 2010, 120-127.
- 2009. Daniels, J. and Kinnicutt, P. Arsenic in Michigan soil: spatial stratification for environmental regulatory purposes. Soil and Sediment Contamination: an International Journal. Association for Environmental Health and Science. Vol 18, 2009, 715-724.
- 2009. Domina, T., Kinnicutt, P., MacGillivray, M. and Lerch, T. New tools for mass customization: 2d/3d body mapping. AATCC Review. Vol. 9(1), Jan. 2009, 38–41.
- 2008. Kinnicutt, P., Domina, T., Lerch, T. and MacGillivray, M. Using asset teams to design mass–customizable next–to–skin apparel. Computer Supported Collaborative Work in Design IV. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series. Vol. 5236/2008, Springer, 2008, 620–631.
- 2007. Kinnicutt, P. Surficial characterization of dioxin in Midland, Michigan, using non-Euclidean geostatistics. Concepts and Applications in Environmental Geochemistry, Developments in Environmental Science. Vol. 5, Elsevier Publishing, 2007, 713–735.
- 1996. Kinnicutt, P., Einstein, H. and Noack, C. Three–dimensional stratigraphic characterization for geotechnical exploration. Transportation Research Board, No. 1526, 183–190.
- 2008. Kinnicutt, P., Rivard, C., and Rimer, S. A Java–based tool for creating KML files from GPS waypoints. Eos Trans. AGU, 89(53), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract IN41B–1143, 2008.
- 2007. Serwatowski, T., Kinnicutt, P., Morgan, S., Matty, D., and Nugent, A. Geophysical investigation of subsurface magma feeders connected to the Trachyte Mesa Laccolith in the Henry Mountains of South–Central Utah. [abstr.]: in Geological Society of America, 2007 Annual Meeting, Abstracts with Programs, Geological Society of America, 39(7), 2007.
- 2006. May, C. and Kinnicutt, P. Water table fluctuations observed using time–lapse ground penetrating radar coupled with spatial modeling. [abstr.]: in Eos Trans. AGU, 87(52), Fall Meeting Suppl., Abstract H31B–1413, 2006.
- 2005. May, C. and Kinnicutt, P. Advantages and pitfalls of time–lapse ground penetrating radar in characterizing hydraulic properties. [abstr.]: in Eos Trans. AGU, 86(52), Fall Meeting Suppl., Abstract H41F–0479, 2005.
- 2005. May, C. and Kinnicutt, P. Characterizing hydrogeologic properties near Alma, Michigan, using four-dimensional ground penetrating radar. [abstr.]: in Geological Society of America, 2005 Annual Meeting, Abstracts with Programs, Geological Society of America, 37(7), 2005.
- 2005. Goetz, S., Jones, T., Ham, N., Kinnicutt, P., Kincaire, K., Lowell, T., and Derouin, S. Late–glacial and post–glacial landscape evolution of Beaver Island, MI. [abstr.]: in Geological Society of America, 2005 North–Central Meeting, Abstracts with Programs, Geological Society of America, 37(5), 2005.