Admission Requirements for A.M.S. in Applied Statistics and Analytics:
To be eligible to the accelerated program, a student must:
- Have completed a minimum of 15 credit hours of mathematics, including Calculus III and Linear Algebra with at least a B in each of the mathematics courses taken.
- Have completed at least 9 credit hours of statistics including STA 580 (or equivalent) and STA 584 (or equivalent) with at least a B+ in each of the statistics courses taken.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 overall, a 3.0 in mathematics and a 3.3 in statistics.
- Have completed at least 94 credit hours of undergraduate coursework, including all competency requirement and all but 12 credit hours of University Program requirements.
Students who are interested in the A.M.S. program should consult with their academic advisor and submit their application in the 2nd semester of their junior year.
Program Requirements for the A.M.S. in Applied Statistics and Analytics:
The A.M.S. in Applied Statistics and Analytics is a 30 hours program (27 hours of coursework and 3 hours of practicum/internship).
- Prior to the fourth year, students will complete the pre-requisite courses STA 580 and STA 584.
- There are two tracks in the M.S. program, one in Applied Statistics and the other in Analytics. During the fourth year, students must choose a track.
- For students in the Applied Statistics track, students must complete STA 575, STA 590, STA 591, STA 675, STA 684 to be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- For students in the Analytics track, students must complete STA 575, STA 591, STA 675, STA 684 and ITC 510 to be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Students will complete the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree requirements by the end of the summer term of the fourth year.
- Students will complete the coursework and the Practicum/Internship for the Masters of Science degree requirements by the end of the summer term of their fifth year.
View the Graduate Bulletin for the A. M.S. in Applied Statistics and Analytics Program HERE