Instructions for creating an e-Journal on the Blackboard course shell for both Teaching and Non-Teaching Internships
You are required to create weekly e-Journal entries on the course (MTH 766, MTH 795 and STA 695) Blackboard site for your Internship courses. The collection of these weekly e-Journal entries are part of the portfolio each intern must complete and submit to their faculty supervisor for the teaching internship course, or to the faculty internship coordinator for the non-teaching internship course.
Steps to create the internship weekly e-Journal entries using Blackboard tool 'Journal'.
1. Create your Internship Portfolio Link on the Blackboard site, if it is not created. Place your cursor on the "+" sign and click on "Tool Link"
2. Enter "Internship Portfolio" as name, choose "Journals" as type. Check "Available to Users" and click Submit.
3. The 'Internship Portfolio" link appears on the left panel. Click on the "Internship Portfolio" link
4. Click on the "Create Journal" to create a weekly e-Journal entry
5. After submitting the above table, you will see this. Click on "Internship Portfolio-weekly"
6. Click on "Create Journal Entry" to start creating the first week e-Journal entry: Internship Information.
7. In this first week entry, describe the internship time period, internship company/agency, internship field supervisor, internship duties, and anything else you want to document.
8. After clicking on "Post Entry", your portfolio is kept on the Blackboard
9. At the end of each week, create a new weekly e-Journal entry with an appropriate entry name. Then document the work, outcomes, lessons learned, etc. You can attach any file that your would like to keep the record for each weekly e-Journal entry. Here is an example of 1st and 2nd weeks portfolio's weekly journal entries.
10. At the end of the internship, prepare your Final Internship Report, which will consist of your weekly e-Journal entries, a summary of major projects/activities and accomplishments, and lesson learned (see Final Internship Report Guidelines). Submit an e-copy of your Final Internship Report by e-mail to the Faculty Internship Coordinator during the final week of the internship.