- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Duke University & NIEHS, NIH
- Ph.D., Statistics, University of New Mexico
- B.S., Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Elementary statistical analysis; Introduction to statistics; Statistical programming for data management and analysis; Bayesian hierarchical model and longitudinal data analysis; Principles of biostatistics; Applied statistics for health sciences
Bayesian nonparametrics; Survival analysis; Computational statistics; Variable selection; Latent variable modeling; Structural equation modelingProfessional Memberships
Selected Publications and PresentationsPublications
- American Statistical Association
- International Chinese Statistical Association
- International Biometrics Society
- Mingan Yang, "Bayesian nonparametric centered random effects models with variable selection," Biometrical Journal, 2012, In Press.
- Mingan Yang, "Bayesian variable selection for logistic mixed model with nonparametric random effects," Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 2012, 56, 2663-2674.
- Wenge Guo, Mingan Yang, Chuanhua Xing, Shyamal Peddada, "Analysis of high dimensional data using pre-defined set and subset information, with applications to genomic data," BMC Bioinformatics, 2012, 13:177.
- Guanghui Dong, Da Wang, Miao-Miao Liu, Yu-Qin Lu, Mingan Yang, "Sex difference of the prevalence and risk factors associated with prehypertension among urban Chinese adults from 33 communities of China: the CHPSNE study," Journal of Hypertension, 2012, 30, 485-491.
- Mingan Yang, David B. Dunson, "Bayesian semiparametric structural equation models with latent variables," Psychometrika, 201, 75, 675-693.
- Mingan Yang, Timothy E. Hanson and Ronald Christensen, "Nonparametric Bayesian Estimation of Bivariate Density with Interval Censored Data," Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 2008, 52, 5202-5214.
- "Bayesian Semiparametric Proportional Odds Models," Biometrics, 20.
- JSM (2011)
- ICSA (2011)
- Invited speaker, Washington University, St. Louis (2010)
- Invited speaker, University of Missouri, Columbia (2010)
- Invited speaker, Emory University (2009)
- Invited speaker, Medical College of Wisconsin (2009)
- Topic-contributed session, JSM (2007)
- Natural family planning
- Immigrants' experience with the health care delivery system in the U.S.: A community-based gerontological research project (2011)
- Application of mechanical vibration to enhance orthodontic tooth movement, (2011) NIDCR, (R03DE020867)