- Ph.D., Indiana University, 1997
- B.S., Universidade de Brasilia, Brazil, 1988
Council of Anthropology and Education, International Study Group on Ethnomathematics
Equity and Diversity in Mathematics Education, Adult Numeracy, Ethnomathematics, and History of Mathematics
Mathematics for elementary and secondary teachers
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Dias, A. L. B. (2008). The role of ethnomathematics in refuting deficit explanations for the achievement gap. Presentation and panel discussion: "The political dimension of ethnomathematics"(sponsored by the History of Mathematics Special Interest Group of the MAA). Joint Mathematics Meetings of the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America. January 6-8, 2008, San Diego, CA.
- Dias, A. L. B. (2007). Different traditions in the study of mathematics as culture. Presentation, 106th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association. November 28-December 2, 2007, Washington, DC.
- Dias, A. L. B. (2007). Fibonacci numbers and fractals. In Posamentier, A. and Lehmann, I., The fabulous Fibonacci numbers, pp. 307-325. Amherst, NY: Prometheus Books.