Pearce Hall 109
Personal Web Page
- Ph.D., Iowa State University, 1984
- M.A., University of West Florida, 1979
- B.S., National Taiwan Unversity, Taiwan, 1976
American Statistical Association, International Statistical Institute, International Chinese Statistical Association, American Society of Quality, Consortium for the Advancement on Undergraduate Statistics Education
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Award, College of Science & Technology, 2009
- Elected Fellow, American Statistical Association, 2008
- The First Place of 1st Education Team Excellence Competition organized by the American Society of Quality, 2007
- President Research Award for Outstanding Research Accomplishment, Central Michigan University, 2006
- Dow Chemical Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, 2006
- Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2003
- Outstanding Service and Leadership Award, the American Statistical Association, 2001
- Elected member of the International Statistical Institute, 1998
Generalized distributions – theory and applications, data mining and applications, statistical genomics, and design of experiment
Statistical methods, statistical theory, design of experiment, statistical quality control, lean and six sigma, data mining techniques, statistical programming for data management and analysis
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Li, S., Famoye, F., Lee, C. (2010). On the generalized Lagrangian probability distributions. To appear in the
Journal of Probability and Statistical Science.
- Lee, C. (2010). On issues of Data Production in Teaching Statistics. To appear in the Proceedings [Refereed],
International Conference on Teaching Statistics, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 11-16, July 2010.
- Li, S., Black, D., Lee, C. , Famoye, F., and Li, S. (2010). Dependence models arising from the Lagrangian probability distribution. To appear in the Communications in Statistics – Theory & Methods.
- Sharaf El Din, G., Lee, C., Fattah, M. (2009*).
What Make Democracy Possible: a Predictive
Modeling Approach. Studies in Computational Intelligence Book Series (Ed. Lee, R.), Vol. 209, pp. 145-153, Springer, Publisher.
- Akinsete, A., Famoye, F. & Lee, C. (2008). The Pareto distribution.
Journal of Statistics, March, 1-17.
- Li, S., Famoye, F., Lee, C. (2008) On Certain Mixture Distributions Based on Lagrangian Probability Models. the
Journal of Probability and Statistical Science, 6(1), 91-100.
- Meletiou-Mavrotheris, M. and Lee, C. (2007) Effects of technological tools on introductory statistics students’ understanding of sampling distribution and statistical inference. Book Chapter in “
Learning and teaching of Research Methods at University” [Ed. Murtonen M, Rautopuro, J. & Vaisanen, P.] Published by Suomen Kasvatustieteellinen Seurary,
Research in Educational Sciences Series. pp.,95-118.
- Lingji, K., Lee, C. & Sepanski, J. (2007). On the properties of beta-Gamma distribution.
Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, Vol 6(1) 187-211 Lee, C., Famoye, F. & Olumolade, O. (2007). Beta-Weibull distribution: Some properties and applications to censored data.
Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods,
Vol 6(1) 173-186.
- Meletiou-Mavrotheris, M., Lee, C., and Fouladi, R. (2007). Introductory Statistics, College Student Attitudes and Knowledge – A Qualitative Analysis of the Impact of Technology-Based Instruction.
International Journal of Mathematics Education in Science and Technology, Vol 38(1), 65-83. Pararai, M., Famoye, F. & Lee, C. (2006). Generalized Poisson Regression Model for Underreported Counts.
Journal of Advances and Applications in Statistics vol 6(3), 305-322.
- Lee, C. , Daniels, J. and Famoye, F. (2007). A Real-Time web-based system to facilitate meaningful learning in Statistics
. (Refereed) Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2007, World Conference on Educational Multimedia. Hypermedia & Telecommunications [Ed. Craig Montgomerie, Jane Seale], June 25-29, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada, pp.3619-3627.
- Meletiou-Mavrotheris, M. and Lee, C. (2007). A cross-national comparison of introductory statistics students’ prior knowledge of graphs.
(Refereed) Proceedings publication in the 5th Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education. Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Li, S., Famoye, F. & Lee, C. (2006). On some extension of the Lagrangian probability distribution.
The Far East Journal of Statistical Theory, 18(1), 25-41.
- Wang, P.C. and Lee, C. (2006). Strategies for Semi-Folding Fractional Factorial Designs.
Quality & Reliability Engineering International, 22: 265-273
- Meletiou-Mavrotheris, M., and Lee, C. (2006). Introductory Statistics Students’ Conceptual Development of Variation in Data Distributions.
Mediterranean Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 5(1), 29-48.
- Lee, C., Rey, T. Tabolina, O, Mentele, J. & Pletcher, T. (2006). Modeling the network of loyalty-profit chain in chemical industry.
IEEE/ICIS06 Refereed Proceedings, 5th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science, Hawaii, 7/10-7/12/06, p. 492-499.
- Lee, C. and Famoye, F. (2006). Teaching Statistics Using A Real Time Online Database Created By Students. In A. Rossman & B. Chance (Eds).
Refereed Proceedings, International Conference on Teaching Statistics[CD-ROM], Salvador, Brazil, July, 2006.
- Zeleke, A., Lee, C. and Daniels, J. (2006). Developing Projects Based Students' Own Data In Introductory Statistics. In A. Rossman & B. Chance (Eds).
Refereed Proceedings, International Conference on Teaching Statistics [CD-ROM], Salvador,Brazil, July, 2006.
- Lee, C. (2005).
Use PACE Strategy to Teach Statistics – The PACE Approach. MAA Notes #65: Innovations in Teaching Statistics (Garfield, Ed.). Published by the Mathematical Association of America, Chapter 3, pp. 13-21.
- Famoye, F. , Lee, C. & Olugbenga Olumolade (2005). The Beta-Weibull distribution.
Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 121-138.
- Lee, C. and Lu, Xioamin (2005). Choice between Partial Least Square and Neural Network Models.
International Journal of Computer & Information Science, Vol. 6, # 1, 31-37.
- Meletiou-Mavrotheris, M. and Lee, C. (2005). Exploring Introductory Statistics Students’ Understanding of Variation in Histograms.
(refereed) Proceedings publication in the 4th Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education, Sant Feliu de Guíxols, Spain.
- Lee, C., Rey, T. and Mentele, J. (2005). Structural Neural Network Models for Modeling Loyalty and Profitability.
Refereed Proceeding, SUGI30, Philadelphia, Maryland, USA, April 2005.
- Meletiou-Mavrotheris, M and Lee, C. (2005). Effects of technological tools on introductory statistics students’ understanding of sampling distribution.
Refereed proceeding in the 11th Biennial Conference, 2005, at Cyprus, the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction, 2005.