- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2000
- B.S., Seattle University, 1993
American Mathematical Society (AMS), Mathematical Association of America and MAA-Michigan Section, Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the 2009 Distinguished Teaching Award, given by the Michigan Section of the Mathematical Association of America
- Honors Faculty of the Year Award for the 2006-2007 school year
- College of Science and Technology Award for Outstanding Teaching, 2007
Differential Geometry and Geometry of Nilpotent Lie Groups
Recent Publications and Presentations
- "Zero-divisor Graph Associated to a Semigroup" with L. Greve, A. Sannaghi, and J. Wang. Communications in Algebra. To appear.
- "Classification of Commutative Zero Divisor Semigroup Graphs” with Y. Jiang, C. Loszewski, E. Purdy. Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics. To appear.
- "Classification of Semigroups Associated with a Zero-divisor Graph” with M. D’Sa, I. Epstien, A. Geiser, K. Smith. Bullitin of the ICA. To appear.
- "Coloring of Meet Semilattices” with S.K. Nimbhokar and M.P.Wasadikar. Ars Combin. 84 (2007), 97–104.
- "Zero-divisor Graphs of Semigroups”, with Frank DeMeyer. J. Algebra. 283 (2005), 190-198.
- "Closed Geodesics in Compact Nilmanifolds”, Manuscripta Math. 105 (2001), 283-310.