- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1977
- B.S., University of Oklahoma, 1971
American Mathematical Society, Mathematical Association of America
Honors and Awards
- (2006) National Science Foundation Grant DMS-00700193, "Probems on Sieve Methods in Number Theory"
- (1995) Michigan Section of the MAA Award for Distinguished University Teaching of Mathematics
Analytic Number Theory
Recent Publications and Presentations
- (with D. Goldston, J. Pintz, and C. Yildirim) "Small gaps between primes and almost-primes,'' Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 36 (2009), 5285-5830.
- (with D. Goldston, J. Pintz, and C. Yildirim) "Small gaps between products of two primes,'' Proceedings of London Mathematical Society, 98 (2009) 741-774.
- (with G. Kolesnik) Van der Corput's Method of Exponential Sums, London Mathematical Society Lecture Notes Series 126, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1991.
- (with C. Ringrose) ``Lower bounds for least quadratic non--residues, "Analytic Number Theory, (edited by B. Berndt, H. Halberstam, H. Diamond, and A. Hildebrand, Birkh\"auser, Boston, 1990) 269-309.
- An asymptotic estimate related to Selberg's sieve, J. Number Theory, 10 (1978), 83-94.