- Ph.D., Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia, 2002
- M.Sc., Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia, 1995
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), The Mathematical Association of America (MAA), Slovak Mathematical Society (SMS), Union of Slovak Mathematicians and Physicists (ISMF)
Mathematical and technological knowledge for teaching K-8 mathematics and related cross-national issues; Open-source dynamic geometry systems in K-8 education
Mathematics for elementary teachers, geometry for K-8 teachers, mathematical structures for K-8 teachers, history of elementary mathematics for K-8 teachers
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Marcinek, T.: Geometric Constructions as Interactive Java Applets with Automated Feedback. Presentation at Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Francisco, California, 2010.
- Marcinek, T.: (2009): So You Think You Can Find the Midpoint In: Matematics from the Perspective of Primary Education, University of Banská Bystrica, Slovakia.
- Marcinek, T.: Personal Experience as a Reference Point for Interpretations of International Comparisons: Fragments from Qualitative Research. Presentations at the 10th International Congress on Mathematical Education, Copenhagen, Denmark 2004.
- Marcinek, T.: On Initiatives with Impact on Education of Mathematics Teachers in the Slovak Republic. Presentation referenced in: Proceedings of the 9th International Congress on Mathematical Education. Kluwer Academic Publishers Tokyo, Japan, 2004.