Licenciada, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1999
Ph.D., University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2003
- Electronic structure calculations based on density functional theory
- Molecular modeling of nanoscale materials for applications in hydrogen storage, molecular magnetism, electronic devices, drug delivery, and characterization methods
- V. Barone and J.E. Peralta, "Magnetic Boron Nitride Nanoribbons with Tunable Electronic Properties," Nano Letters (2008) DOI: 10.1021/nl080745j
- O. Hod, V. Barone, J. E. Peralta, and G. E. Scuseria, “Half-metallic graphene nanodots”, Phys. Rev. B 77, 035411 (2008).
- O. Hod, V. Barone, J. E. Peralta, and G. E. Scuseria, "Enhanced Half-Metallicity in Edge-Oxidized Zigzag Graphene Nanoribbons", Nano Letters 7, 2295 (2007).
- V. Barone, O. Hod, and G. E. Scuseria. Electronic Structure and Stability of Semiconducting Graphene Nanoribbons, Nano Lett. 6, 2748 (2006).
- V. Barone, A. Koller, and G. E. Scuseria. Theoretical Nitrogen NMR Chemical Shifts in Octahedral Boron Nitride Cages, J. Phys. Chem. A. 110, 10844 (2006).
- V. Barone, Juan E. Peralta, J. Uddin, and G. E. Scuseria. Screened exchange hybrid density functional study of the work function of pristine and doped single-walled carbon nanotubes. J. Chem. Phys. 124, 024709 (2006).
- J. Uddin, V. Barone, and G. E. Scuseria. Energy storage capacity of polymeric Nitrogen. Mol. Phys. 104, 745 (2006).