Skip navigation

 Specialized Technology Projects

​​Education and Human Services Building

Specialized Technologies Projects

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Specialiazed Technologies Projects

Specialized Projects Funding is intended to promote projects involving the infusion of technology into education in appropriate and meaningful ways. Awards are made on an annual basis following an application submission and review process undertaken by the Academic Technologies Group in the College of Education and Human Services. Award recipients have until April 30th of the current year to initiate the purchase of items in their proposal or the funds will be returned to the cost center for future use.

Ongoing departmental technology support is not eligible for Specialized Projects Funding. This includes recurring software licenses, supplies, staffing, or printing costs as examples. Proposals including these types of requests will not be considered for approval.

Because funds available for Specialized Projects Funding are limited and are drawn directly from student tuition, it is of critical importance that award recipients are able to evidence positive outcomes from their proposals. Award recipients are required to provide a report to and potentially meet with the Academic Technologies Group at the conclusion of the academic year regarding the results of their project. Award reports will be presented by Rob during the annual "Welcome Back" college meeting in the following Fall. Award recipients may also be asked for status updates on their project during the awarded academic year. Project outcome reports from award recipients will be posted to the Academic Technologies Group WikiSpace.​​

The deadline for proposals for this academic year is:

January 15th, 2016

Late applications will not be considered

​Applications including all supporting materials should be submitted to Rob Alford, Co-Chair of the Academic Technologies Group, either electronically via email or physically via interoffice mail or by dropping them off at the Learning Commons front counter in EHS 134.

How to Apply:

  • Download and fill out the form electronically (attached to the right side of this page)
  • Send to your department chair or department supervisor for their approval
  • Have your supervisor or yourself email the electronically completed form to Rob or you can deliver the printed application to EHS 134.
  • Rob will confirm that your application has been received successfully. If there are changes needed, he will also contact you for edits. If you do not hear from Rob, your application was not received successfully. 
College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079