Skip navigation


CMU Course & Bulletin Description

CMU’s fieldwork course offering is from the Department of Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services Administration.  This course listed includes a bulletin description that can be shared with your college/university for approval as transfer credit.

RPL 318:  Field Course in Recreation Specialization (1-12 credits)
A supervised practical experience for a student working as a specialist in a recreation/tourism program.

Registration:  Determining Amount of Credit to Take​​

​​This fieldwork course is a variable credit class allowing the student to select from 1-12 credits based on the student’s individual needs. Each credit is worth a 40 hour work week and all students are on the program for more than 12 weeks and have the ability to earn the maximum number of credits, but not all students need or can use that much credit, so students are allowed to select the amount of credit that best fits their need. On the Registration Form (on website) indicate the amount of credit desired in appropriate space.

<<< Back to Requirements            Continue to FAQs​​ >>>​​​​​​

College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Website Feedback | Desktop View