Skip navigation


Frequently Asked Questions

What is fieldwork credit and how is it earned?
It’s a supervised work experience and training in a recreational/tourism facility for academic credit.  The credit is earned like an independent study class.  There are no Central Michigan University classes that you attend while participating in the Disney College Program.  Each student earns credit for the entire Disney College Program experience at Disney, which include work, education, and living components. 

Who can take credit?
Any student admitted to a college/university in the United States of America is eligible to register for credit. This includes any major or year in school, freshman through senior year. This credit program opportunity is designed for non-CMU students only. If you are a current CMU student, please co​ntact us as we may have other options available to you. 

How many credits can be taken?
Students may take one credit for each week of work (40 hours per week) up to a maximum of twelve (12) credits.  Each student determines for them self how much credit they would like to take within the 1-12 credits available.

How will the credit count?
Most institutions accept our credit as “general elective” credit.  Please check with your school before registering. 

What is required to earn this credit?
Fulfill your job commitment to The Walt Disney Company, attend and successfully complete one Disney Education Course (your choice), write a comprehensive evaluation paper of the entire experience (that includes a minimum of two Cast Member interviews) at the end of the program and submit a copy of your performance evaluation.  The fieldwork assignment that outlines these requirements can be found in the forms section of this site.

Is CMU an accredited institution?
Yes, by the Commission on Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.  In 1982, CMU’s Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services Administration department was recognized and fully accredited by the National Recreation and Park Association in all undergraduate programs and such accreditation still exists today.

Have other colleges and universities accepted this credit as transfer credit?
Yes, over 250 other schools around the country have done so to date. 

Can a student enroll full time (12 credits) for the purpose of maintaining full-time student status?
Yes, check with your school, bank, or insurance company to find out their requirements before registering.

Does Disney have a place where students can work on their assignment (such as a computer lab)?
Yes. For students in the Disney College Program at the Walt Disney World ® Resort, each living complex has their own computer lab available to students.  

Can I get a refund if I withdraw from the course? 
Requests for withdrawal and refunds must be submitted in writing to the Center for Leisure Services.  The effective date of withdrawal is the date the notice is received by CMU.  When a student withdraws, refunds will be made according to the following schedule:

  • 90% prior to the completion of one-sixth of the course.
  • 50% prior to the completion of one-fourth of the course.
  • No refund after one-fourth of the course has been completed​
Contact Person: Dean Wallin
Main:(989) 774-3984
Fax:(989) 774-2161

<<< Back to Courses            Continue to Forms​​​​ >>>​
College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Website Feedback | Desktop View