In order to sign a major or minor in Apparel Merchandising and Design, you must see an academic advisor.  Academic advisors are assigned alphabetically according to the first letter of your last name. Use the chart below to determine who you should contact for academic advising.

Ms. Tanya Domina
WI 102
Dr. Usha Chowdhary

WI 126
Dr. Su An
WI 128B

Dr. Tamil Periyaswamy

WI 117

Dr. Carol Beard
WI 118

If you are planning on taking  AMD 140, 240, 241, 246, 330, 345, 346, 355 & 457 you must go through the “monitored enrollment process”.  PLEASE NOTE that you will not be allowed to register for these classes in the usual manner. For each of the monitored courses you are applying for admission into, you must:

Go to the HEV website, click on Monitored Enrollment and fill out the appropriate form.  You must submit one form for each class that you are applying for along with your attachments. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE APPLICATION CAREFULLY. YOU MAY BE ASKED TO RE-SUBMIT YOUR FORMS IF THEIR ARE INCOMPLETE.

Students will be notified by email whether or not they received their course request. The email will be generated by the HEV office.   Questions regarding the monitored enrollment process through HEV may be directed to Cindy Neitzel in the HEV office, EHS 228, 774-5486,

Have not signed your major?   Check the office hours of the academic advisors for AMD, Domina, Chowdhary, Beard, Periyaswamy, and An….and get your major signed.   You cannot enroll in the monitored enrollment courses without a signed major.

College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site