Get your bachelor's and master's… faster.
The accelerated master's degree in Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Technology
Five years. Two degrees. One program.
If you're a Fashion Merchandising and Design major pursuing a bachelor of arts, bachelor of applied arts or a bachelor of science degree, you can apply nine to 12 hours of graduate work toward both a bachelor's and master's degree.
The Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Technology (APDMT) accelerated master's degree prepares graduates for great jobs in the fashion industry, as well as for careers in higher education and government.
Why the rush?
- Our graduates find expanded career and salary opportunities.
- The dual-degree program allows you to begin a career or doctoral program one year sooner.
- You quickly gain fashion industry-coveted skills by working with cutting-edge technology.
For admission requirements, applicants must:
- Be within 30 credit hours of graduation
- Have completed 15 credit hours in Fashion Merchandising and Design
- Have an overall GPA of 3.5, or a 3.5 GPA in the last 60 hours of coursework
- Complete all university requirements
- Have a signed Fasion Merchandising and Design major on a B.S., B.A. or B.A.A. degree
Submit both the application for admission to the Accelerated Master's Degree Program and the application for admission to the College of Graduate Studies no later than one year prior to graduation from your undergraduate program.
Sample Dual-Degree Curriculum
Year Four (Fall)|| FMD 550|
and Apparel in a Global Economy|
Apparel Product Development
Year Four (Spring)|
Nine hours of undergraduate credit not counted in the APDMT program
Two 500-level required courses in the APDMT program OR one 500-level required courses in the APDMT program and one 600-level required course in the APDMT program
Year Five (Fall)|
- One graduate elective
One 600-level required course in the APDMT program
Graduate course in research methods
Year Five (Spring)|
Graduate course in research statistics
One graduate elective
Year Five (Summer)|| FMD 798