Doris Andersen Moore Endowed Scholarship
Established in 2016 from the estate of Doris Anderson Moore '38. Income from the endowment will support a renewable scholarship for a full-time or part-time graduate student admitted to the counseling program in the College of Education and Human Services.
Doris Andersen Moore Endowed Scholarship Application
- Must be a graduate student admitted to the Counseling Program & registered for at least 6 credits Fall & Spring.
- Preference will be given to a student with Michigan residency.
- Candidates must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA to keep the award.
Applicants must submit application along with personalized transcripts, two letters of recommendation*, and a double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font essay not to exceed 1,000 words, which addresses the following topics:
- Describe your professional development up to this point. Include information about personal growth opportunities within your experience in the program thus far, volunteer experiences, involvement in the program/profession, and/or related employment experiences.
- Review our website and provide examples of how your goals are consistent with our program offerings.
- Discuss your vocational aspirations following graduation (i.e. what do you want to do with a counseling degree from our program?)
*Letters of recommendation can be professional references of your choice. Only letters containing an original signature from the reference will be accepted.
All materials must be submitted to Chelsea Rigley, Executive Secretary, Department of Counseling and Special Education, 321 Education and Human Services Building, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 (email@example.com).
Applications and all required attachments must be received by Tuesday, March 31st, 2020. No late applications will be accepted.