Skip navigation

2016 EDL Web Banner.jpg

Administrator Certification

In 2010, Michigan legislation was passed that requires all public school administrators, whose primary responsibility is administering instructional programs, to hold administrator certification (PA 451, MCL 380.1536). CMU has two degree programs which lead to building level or central office administrator certification: Master of Arts degree in School Principalship is approved for the K-12 Michigan building level administrator certification, while the Educational Specialist degree in Educational Leadership is approved for K-12 central office administrator certification.
  • MA in Educational Leadership: Elementary & Secondary Basic Administrator K-12 Certification
  • Ed.S. in Educational Leadership: Central Office Basic Administrator K-12 Certification

Once you have completed your coursework you are qualified to apply for a Michigan School Administrator Certificate. 

Please go to the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS) to submit your application:


Internship Manuals
Program Director Contact information
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Bulletin Information
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Student Forms and Resources
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Request Information
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Apply Today

 ​Contact the Department

​For more information

Department of Educational Leadership
College of Education and Human Services
Central Michigan University
195 Ojibway Ct.
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
EHS Building

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 5​ p.m.
 ​989-774-3204 ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Website Feedback | Desktop View