We invite you to learn more about the Ph.D. in Educational Leadership from Central Michigan University. Our Ph.D. program will prepare you for a career in Prek-12 or higher educational leadership with an emphasis on research and policy.
Join us on campus for an Open House
There are no open houses scheduled at this time.
Our application deadline for Fall 2019 is April 1st
If you have questions about the Ph.D. program, please contact Dr. Gina Umpstead,
In comparing Ph.D. programs, here are some of the unique features that set our PH.D apart from the rest:
- Our program focuses on developing transformational leaders who have a deep commitment to social justice in education and a strong background in policy, research, and theory
- Our program is multidisciplinary so you can gain enhanced insight into both PreK-12 and higher education environments, while specializing in one.
- You can complete your PhD core coursework in 2-1/2 years plus electives and dissertation.
- Our courses are scheduled to meet the needs of working professionals:
- Saturday delivery for core courses in hybrid format (some on campus and online).
- Concentration courses, typically offered on Saturdays for PreK-12 and Saturday & weeknights for higher education courses.
- Our cohort format provides a supportive peer community while completing degree
- We have 11 faculty members who are dedicated to your success