For admission requirements, applicants must:
- Complete a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 hours of undergraduate coursework in fashion merchandising and design or closely related area. Students accepted for the M.S. program who lack supporting course work generally are required to make up these deficiencies by taking undergraduate course work in fashion merchandising and design. Equivalent work experience in the field may be counted as sup-porting coursework toward minimum admission requirements.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
The following application materials are required:
- Submission of the CMU application form for admission to the Graduate School, found at https://apply.cmich.edu/.
Three letters of recommendation, including two from faculty. If it is not possible to obtain faculty references, references should be from professionals who can address your capacity to succeed as a graduate student. The letters may be submitted electronically to email@example.com as an attachment. The letters
must be signed and printed on letterhead from the recommender's university or company, and include the recommender's contact information.
- One official transcript (with institution's seal) sent directly from each institution attended.
- A 2-4 page, typed, double-spaced essay that (Part I) describes how previous experiences and training have prepared and led the applicant to pursue a Master of Science degree in Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Technology (APDMT) and (Part II) identifies likely professional goals and how graduate training can help accomplish these goals.
- Non-refundable application fee.
Application deadline dates:
- March 1 for Fall admission
- August 1 for Spring admission
Complete application materials must be received by the date indicated. Applicants interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship should apply for admission by the deadline. Late applications may not be considered for a graduate assistantship.