Forty students per year will be selected to move forward to the Professional Phase each fall semester. Students must achieve an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 and a DPD minimum GPA of 3.2 in order to be considered for the Professional Phase. Both GPAs must include courses completed at other institutions as well as those completed at CMU.
Follow Up Advising
part of ongoing assessment for program accreditation, newly signed
majors will meet with the program director three to four weeks after
signing. This meeting will be initiated by the program director. For
this meeting the following is required:
1. A copy of the Dietetics Handbook.
2. Read the program's admission and retention standards and monitored enrollment information printed on page 7.
3. Print the "
Certification of Understanding" document, sign it and bring it to the scheduled follow up advising meeting.
4. A personalized copy of your CMU academic history printed from the portal. If
you are a transfer student, transcripts or academic history from other school(s)
5. A copy of the
six-semester planner that was developed with your advisor.
6. Download the standard internship application. Complete the following section:
a. Page 2-Education, Honors, and Professional Organization Memberships.
b. Page 3-Dietetics Related Work Experience.
c. Page 5-GPA for DPD Courses (this includes transfer courses). Please use
the GPA calculator on CMU's portal.
7. Download the standard internship recommendation form. Complete the second page.
Selection criteria include:
2. Overall GPA
3. DPD GPA
4. To graduate with dietetics as a major and to receive a verification statment from the dietetics program, students are not allowed to take any required dietetic courses as credit/no credit.
5. Professional recommendation
6. Work, volunteer, and extra curricular experience.
7. Autobiographical statement
Professional Phase Requirements:
1. Adherence to the ADA Professional Code of Ethics
2. Maintenance of a 3.0 GPA overall and in DPD coursework