If growth is not demonstrated, a written Action Plan should be submitted. The Action Plan is a standardized CCE form and can be found on the CCE Pre-Student Teaching page. The development of an Action Plan includes the following steps:
1. Communicate the need for an Action Plan to the designated CCE contact, enlisting support and guidance as necessary, and sharing history of the issue and previous interventions, if any.
- Student Teaching Action Plans should be directed to the Director of Clinical Experiences.
- Pre-Student Teaching Action Plans should be directed to the Coordinator of Clinical Experiences.
2. Develop a written Action Plan with input from the Teacher Candidate and Cooperating Teacher identifying the concern(s), the goal(s) for improvement, a defined timeline for improvements including a deadline for review, and specific action steps needed to achieve the stated goal.
3. Submit a signed Action Plan to The Center for Clinical Experiences, and provide copies of the signed plan to the Cooperating Teacher, Teacher Candidate, and appropriate CCE contact (see #1).
4. Clinical Faculty shall evaluate the Teacher Candidate’s progress by documenting actions taken and noting whether the goal has or has not been completed by the deadline.Teacher Candidates who have a valid concern relating to their placement or evaluation by their University Coordinator should contact the Director of Clinical Experiences or Coordinator of Clinical Experiences.