Skip navigation

Searching the Internship Database

Before graduating from CMU, all undergraduate students on the BAA degree are required to complete a 30 week internship experience. Students on the BS degree may elect to perform a 15 week internship. To assist students in finding an appropriate internship, specific site location, or type of placement site, the Center for Leisure Services has compiled intern site information into one convenient database.  After reviewing some commonly asked questions, listed below, simply click on the "RPL Internship Database" button (on the right of the page) to begin your search! 

How do I find what I want? 

To filter your choices, click on the header of each column to bring up a dropdown menu with filter options.  For example, if you would like to see only internship opportunities in the state of California, click "State", then check "CA".  Once you find a site of interest, simply click on the name of that facility and details of this site will come up.

How do I get it back so I can see everything again? 

If you wish to see the entire database list again, you must clear all filters you may have setup while doing your initial search.  If you are on a particular site's information, all you need to do is close the information box at the bottom of that page. This will return you to the full database list. 

Why do you need my CMU Global ID and password? 

These internship resources are exclusively for Central Michigan University students, so we needed a way to ensure that only CMU ​students could access them. Don't worry, we're not collecting or intercepting your personal information, and all authentication is being done by the same secure system that handles your CMU web mail and portal access.

Have other questions? Contact​

Check out, and "like", our Facebook page at CMU Department of Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services Administration for announcements, special events and features

**Please note: Community & Commerical internship types discussed in the database reflect the new Recreation & Event Management major​ 

College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079