Skip navigation

Adding an Additional Endorsement

To add an endorsement to an existing certificate, complete the following steps:

  • Fill out the Endorsement Inquiry form to start the transcript evaluation process, (transcripts will be needed to do this evaluation); if you attended CMU, CSS can obtain the necessary transcripts.
  • The student will be responsible for supplying CSS with transcripts from other institution(s) attended, including undergraduate coursework. Please send transcripts to Jamie McDonald at

Transcript Evaluation Process

  • A letter and the student transcripts will be sent by the Certification Officer to the content area department. 
  • The student's transcripts will be evaluated by the content area department.
  • A copy of the program will be sent to the student; the program the student receives is considered a signed endorsement program and coursework must be completed from that program.
  • To take coursework at CMU, apply to CMU at as an undergraduate non-degree seeking student.
  • When coursework is completed and the subject area test is completed and passed, submit an application to MDE online to add an endorsement to your existing teaching certificate.
  • For more information regarding endorsement, you may contact the Certification Officer by calling the EHS Center for Student Services at 989-774-3309.

Post-Baccalaureate Certification

The initial post-baccalaureate certification program at CMU is for those who already have a four-year non-teaching degree from an accredited institution and would like to pursue a Michigan teaching certificate for the PK-12 setting.  This is the same program followed by our traditional undergraduates, and all professional education sequence courses are available only on campus in Mount Pleasant during the "traditional" class hours of a Monday-Friday schedule. The time required to complete the program is dependent upon an individual's goal, your undergraduate program, and your choice of teachable specializations (major or minor). The Center for Student Services will assist in determining the length of program and timeline. Please click here for more information about the Post-Baccalaureate Certification Program.

College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079