Occupational Certification

Occupational Certification
To obtain an Occupational Education Certificate you must have:

  • 3 years of successful teaching experience within the validity of the Interim Occupational Certificate
  • completion of 9 semester hours of professional vocational education credit approved by a sponsoring Michigan teacher education institution or an earned master's
  • doctorate degree
  • completed issuance of the Interim Occupational Certificate.
The Occupational Certificate can be submitted on line through The Office of Professional Preparation Services, the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS). For more information on MOECS and instructions on how to apply for an Occupational Certificate please visitwww.michigan.gov/moecs. For CMU information, please contact us at 989-774-3309.
College of Education and Human Services | Central Michigan University | ehs@cmich.edu | 195 Ojibway Ct | EHS 426 | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 | (989) 774-3079