Your CMU teaching career has begun.
Successfully complete your teacher education program at your Career Technical Education center and you’ll earn free credit for CMU’s Introduction to Teaching course (EDU 107).
How does the program work?
Here's what you need:
After you complete your Michigan Department of Education (MDE) approved CTE Teacher Academy class, CMU will award university credit for EDU 107.
Minimum grade of B (3.0 out of a 4.0 scale)
- Full completion of your High School CTE program
The CTE course is applied to the CMU Bachelor of Science in Education degree (BSEd). You’re on your way to CMU’s teacher education program.
Apply and be admitted to CMU within 5 years of completing the CTE Education Program. Successfully complete a minimum of 12 semester hours at CMU.
Six steps to earn your credit.
Get your articulated credit and observation hours.
- Successfully complete a CTE Education Program
- Apply to Central Michigan University indicating an interest in teacher education
- Share your completion of a CTE Education Program with the teacher education academic advisors at CMU's Freshman Orientation
- Receive Introduction to Teaching (EDU 107) credit upon successful completion of 12 credits at CMU
- Utilize teacher education academic advisors to begin and complete the process of applying to CMU’s teacher education program
- Enter CMU’s teacher education program!