Click here for the Spring 2016 Workshop Schedule!
Great Explorations in Math and Science Center (GEMS)
Central Michigan GEMS Education Center is dedicated to the improvement of math, science, technology, and environmental education teaching and learning K-16, and to the associated generation and communication of knowledge about science, math, technology, and environmental education teaching and learning.
The Center accomplishes its
mission through the active collaboration among science educators, math educators, scientists, and school-based colleagues.
The mission of the Central Michigan GEMS Center is to:
- Increase educational opportunities for PK-12 in-service and Central Michigan University pre-service teachers;
- Expand instructional services to schools, school districts, and governmental education agencies throughout the state of Michigan;
- To conduct evidence-based research and add to the research literature on effective classroom practices in math, science, environmental, technology, and service-learning education; and
- Develop a network of PK-12 math and science teacher leaders throughout the state of Michigan.
- Establish and maintain Science Professional Development Schools with several elementary and secondary schools in the mid-Michigan area.
Great Explorations in Math and Science is an exemplary curriculum. Our network of statewide math and science teacher leaders are a key resource for education throughout the state of Michigan.
How can GEMS guides be used in the classroom?
Elementary and Middle School cohort teachers have used for Professional Development Presentations. Click HERE to read what they have used.
Click here to see the full list of GEMS guides available from Laurence Hall of Science. Order a guide through the CMU GEMS Center to recieve 20% off!
How do GEMS guides correlate with the Michigan Science and Math Curriculum? Click HERE to find out!
Contact the GEMS Center for more ordering information.