Propel your career to the next level in academic medicine
Central Michigan University’s College of Medicine trains new doctors for Michigan’s future
– expanding access to high-quality care for everyone. CMU Health patients rely on more than 200 providers for patient-centered care at seven regional locations
– and within our hospital partners’ facilities. Our world-class physicians, educators and researchers lead community initiatives, address health care issues and advance research as the Great Lakes Bay Region’s leader in academic medicine.
We offer foundational science educators, physicians of excellence and medical research professionals the opportunity to join our dynamic and growing team. The College also has opportunities for staff and faculty positions at two campus locations in Mount Pleasant and Saginaw, Michigan.
Search open positions with the College of Medicine
Search open positions with CMU Medical Education Partners
Why Choose CMU College of Medicine?
- Join the regional leader in academic medicine
- Opportunity to lead positive change throughout the region
- Time allocation for research and other scholarly activity
- Medium-sized city within a friendly community
- Low cost-of-living, ample housing, easy commute
- Vibrant local attractions and outdoor activities
Working at CMU
Working at Central Michigan University means joining a family of faculty, staff and students who embrace lifelong learning, success for all students, and education, research, creative endeavors and volunteerism that contribute to the greater good of society. CMU employs about 2,600 full-time faculty and staff, about 725 temporary employees and about 5,700 students every year.
Benefit eligible medical faculty are those whose primary appointment is in the College of Medicine with a half-time or greater appointment for a minumum of six months. Benefits eligible staff regular and provisional employees who work 20 or more hours per week.
As a CMU benefit-eligible employee, you will receive a solid benefit package that offers a variety of choices. These benefits
– combined with your pay
– provide a compensation package that can be customized based on individual choice and personal preference.
CMU benefits at a glance
At CMU, our strong sense of community drives a collaborative culture of excellence and leadership that makes CMU a top-choice place to learn and work. Central is a place where we value students and work for their success; where we act as family; and where employees are engaged, appreciated and have extraordinary opportunities to make a difference.
Faculty and staff at CMU live and work by six leaderships standards geared towards improving the student experience and delivering on the mission of CMU.