Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the computer engineering program shall exhibit excellence in their profession in a diverse range of industries, government agencies, and academic institutions as evidenced by:
- career satisfaction;
- ability to function independently and as members of cross functioning teams
- gaining sequential promotions to leadership positions;
- professional visibility (e.g., patents, awards, invention disclosures, publications, presentations)
- engagement in entrepreneurial activities
- matriculation in, and graduation from, high quality graduate programs at the masters or doctoral level
- exhibiting the highest levels of professional ethics
Upon graduation, B.S. Cmp E. students are expected to have an ability to:
Computer Engineering Student Enrollment/Graduation Data
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.