Dr. Haider is a professor at Central Michigan University. Dr. Haider has received his B.Sc. degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh. He also received his M.S. and Ph. D. degree in Electrical Engineering from South Dakota State University (2011) and University of North Dakota (2018). His research interests include Signal processing, Brain–computer interface (BCI), Image processing, Neural Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), and Neural engineering.
Adjunct Instructor, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of North Dakota, ND August ~December 2017
Research Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of North Dakota, ND August 2013~May 2018
Research Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, South Dakota State University, SD 2007~ 2010
Lecturer & Course Coordinator, Department of Computer & Communication Engineering, International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC), Bangladesh 2001~ 2006
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of North Dakota
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, South Dakota State University
- B.S., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BUET, Bangladesh
- BCI Workshop: ‘BCI2000: Advanced Topics and Hands-on Experience,’ ‘BCI Past, Present, and Future’, 2016
- MATLAB® Workshop: ‘Data Analysis and Visualization with MATLAB,’ October 2013,
- MATLAB® Webinar: ‘Speeding up MATLAB Applications’, November 2013.
- Web seminar: ‘JMP Academic Series: Teaching Predictive Modeling with JMP,’ February 28, 2017.
- UND Teaching Transformation & Development Academy Workshop: ‘Designing Assignments & Activities that Create Deep Learning’, May 16, 2018 to May 22, 2018.
- UND Teaching Transformation & Development Academy Workshop: ‘Humanizing the Learning Environment: Make it More likely that Your Students Succeed’, June 5, 2018 to June 8, 2018.
- Brain-computer interface (BCI)
- Signal processing
- Neural networks
- Neural engineering
- Human health monitoring
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cardiovascular signal analysis
- Image processing
- Machine learning
- Data mining
- VLSI Systems
- Digital Logic Design
- Signal and Systems
- Control Systems
- Applied Circuits
- Digital Communication
- Computer Aided Simulation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Image Processing
- Introduction to Programming
- Design a Hybrid EEG-based BCI system for persons suffering from corporeal impairment (2013~2018).
- Quantitative measurement of concussions in football players (2016~2017).
- Application of image processing algorithm to keep track of wound healing progress over time (2016).
- Development of algorithm to detect and identify the arrhythmias from bio-signal (2014~2015).
- Evaluation of the performance of statistical and machine learning tools in classifying heartbeats (2014~2015).
- Development of core algorithms and models for multiwavelength airborne polarimetric LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) signal analysis (2008~2010)
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Issues and Challenges in Designing P300 and SSVEP Paradigms. In: Brain-Computer Interfaces Handbook: Technological and Theoretical Advances. Boca Raton: CRC Press; 2018. p. 501-523.
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Application of P300 Event-Related Potential in Brain-Computer Interface. In: Event-Related Potentials and Evoked Potentials. Rijeka, Croatia: InTech; 2017. p. 19-38.
- Guragain B, Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Hybrid Brain-Computer Interface Systems: Approaches, Features, and Trends. In: Brain-Computer Interface and Dynamical Brain States. Rijeka, Croatia: InTech (in-process for publication).
- Haider A, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. Performance Evaluation of Heartbeat Classification Methods Based on Morphological Descriptors. J Med Device. 2015;9(2):20913.
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Heart Signal Abnormality Detection Using Artificial Neural Networks. J Med Device. 2014;8(2):20915.
- Munia TTK, Haider A, Schneider C, Romanick Mark, Fazel-Rezai R. A Novel EEG Based Spectral Analysis of Persistent Brain Function Alteration in Athletes with Concussion History. Scientific reports. Dec 8; 7(1):17221; 2017.
Peer Reviewed Conference Articles
- Haider A, Cosatto B, Alam M, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. A New Region-based BCI Speller Design using Steady State Visual Evoked Potentials. In: Brain Computer Interface Meeting. Pacific Gove, CA.; 2016. p. 1.
- Haider A, Alhashim M, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. Computer-assisted image processing technique for tracking wound progress. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT). 2016. p. 750–4.
- Munia TTK, Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Evidences of Brain Functional Deficits Following Sport-Related Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. In: 2017 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Jeju Island, South Korea, 2017, pp. 3212-3215.
- Alamdari N, Haider A, Arefin R, Verma AK, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. A review of methods and applications of brain computer interface systems. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT). 2016. p. 0345–50.
- Tan S, Haider A. A comparative study of polarimetric and non-polarimetric LiDAR in deciduous-coniferous tree classification. In: International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS). 2010. p. 1178–81.
- Haider A, Tan S, Stoker J. Classify Tree Species Using Polarimetric Lidar Data and Neural Networks: A Case Study. In: International Conference on Electrical and Computer Systems (ICECS), Ontario, Canada. Ottawa, Ontario.: International ASET Inc.; 2012.
- Haider A, Haque SMA, Chowdhury MA. Speech-to-speech Translation from English to Bangla. In: International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT). Gazipur, Bangladesh.; 2005. p. 4.
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. ‘A Testbed for a New Brain-Computer Interface System.’ In: Graduate Research Achievement Day (GRAD). Grand Forks, ND: University of North Dakota; 2017. (Poster).
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. ‘Current Trend in Ballistocardiogram Sensing Methods.’ In: ND EPSCoR 2015 State Conference, Fargo, ND; 2015. (Poster).
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. ‘Implementation of an ECG Feature Extraction and Classification Technique.’ In: ND EPSCoR/IDeA 2014 State Conference. Grand Forks, ND; 2014. (Poster).
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. ‘Heart Signal Abnormality Detection Using Artificial Neural Networks.’ In: Design of Medical Devices (DMD) Conference, University of Minnesota, April 8-9, 2014. (both oral and poster).