Dr. Haider is a professor of Engineering & Technology at Central Michigan University
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Florida International University, 2010
- M.S., Materials Engineering, Tampere University of Technology, Finland, 2006
- B.S., Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2003
- Titanium Oxide Nanoparticles/Nanotubes
- Thin Films
- Graphene Based Nanocomposites
- Magnetic Properties of Iron Oxide
- Piezoelectric Materials
- Surface Engineering
- M. J. Lodhi, K. M. Deen, W. Haider, Additively manufactured 316L stainless steel: an efficient electrocatalyst, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy:(2019) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2019.07.217.
- M. M. Khan, K. M. Deen, W. Haider, Combinatorial development and assessment of a Zr-based metallic glass for prospective biomedical applications, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids:523 (2019) 119544.
- A. Jabed, M. M. Khan, J. Camiller, M. Greenlee-Wacker, W. Haider, I. Shabib, Property optimization of Zr-Ti-X (X= Ag, Al) metallic glass via combinatorial development aimed at prospective biomedical application, Surface Coatings and Technology:372 (2019) pp. 278-287.
- M. J. Lodhi, K. M. Deen, M. Greenlee-Wacker, W. Haider,
Additively manufactured 316L stainless steel with improved corrosion resistance and biological response for biomedical applications, Additive Manufacturing 27 (2019) pp. 8-19.
- U. Riaz, I. Shabib, W. Haider, “The current trends of Mg alloys in biomedical applications – A review”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials: 107, 6 (2019), pp. 1970-1996
- M. Khan, I. Shabib, W. Haider,
A combinatorially developed Zr-Ti-Fe-Al metallic glass with outstanding corrosion resistance for implantable devices, Scripta Materialia, Volume 162 (2019) pp. 223-229.
- H. Asgar, K.M. Deen, Z. Rahman, U. Shah, M.A. Raza, W. Haider,
Functionalized graphene oxide coating on Ti6Al4V alloy for improved biocompatibility and corrosion resistance, Materials Science and Engineering C 94 (2019) pp. 920–928.
- M.J.K. Lodhi, K.M. Deen, W Haider,
Corrosion behavior of additively manufactured 316L stainless steel in acidic media, Materialia, (2018), pp. 111-121.
- U Riaz, Z ur Rahman, H Asgar, U Shah, I Shabib, W Haider,
An insight into the effect of buffer layer on the electrochemical performance of MgF2 coated magnesium alloy ZK60, Surface and Coatings Technology, Volume, 344, (2018), pp. 514-521.
- N. Ahmed, W. Haider,
Heterogeneous photocatalysis and its potential applications in water and wastewater treatment: a review, Nanotechnology 29 (2018), 342001
- U Riaz, L Rakesh, I Shabib, W Haider,
Effect of dissolution of Magnesium alloy AZ31 on the rheological properties of Phosphate Buffer Saline, Journal of the mechanical behavior of biomedical materials, 85 (2018), pp. 201-2018.
- M.J.K. Lodhi, K.M. Deen, ZU Rahman, A Farooq, W Haider,
Electrochemical characterization and thermodynamic tendency of
β-Lactoglobulin adsorption on 3D printed stainless steel, Journal of Industrial and Engineering chemistry (2018),
- H. Asgar, K.M. Deen, U. Riaz, Z. Rahman, U. H. Shah, W. Haider,
Synthesis of graphene via ultra-sonic exfoliation of graphite oxide and its electrochemical characterization, Materials Chemistry and Physics: Volume 206 (2018) pp. 7-11.
- M. M. Khan, A. Nemati, Z. Rahman, U. H. Shah, H. Ansgar, W. Haider,
Recent Advancements in Bulk Metallic Glasses and Their Applications: A Review. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1080/10408436.2017.1358149.
- S. Khalajabadi, A. Abu, N. Ahmad, M. Yajid, N. Redzuan, R. Nasiri, W. Haider, I. Noshadi,
Bio-corrosion behavior and mechanical characteristics of magnesium-titania-hydroxyapatite nanocomposites coated by magnesium-oxide flakes and silicon for use as resorbable bone fixation material, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials: Volume 77 (2018) pp. 360–374
- U. H. Shah, Z. Rahman, K. M. Deen, H. Asgar, I. Shabib, W. Haider,
Investigation of the formation mechanism of titanium oxide nanotubes and its electrochemical evaluation, Journal of Applied Electrochemistry: Volume 47, Issue 10 (2017) pp. 1147-1159.
- U. H. Shah, K. M. Deen, H. Asgar, Z. Rahman, W. Haider,
Understanding the mechanism of TiO2 nanotubes formation at low potentials (≤ 8 V) through electrochemical methods, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Volume 807 (2017) pp. 228–234.
- MA Makhdoom, A Ahmad, M Kamran, K Abid, W Haider,
Microstructural and Electrochemical behavior of 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Weldments, Surfaces and Interfaces: Volume 9 (2017) pp. 189-195.
- S. Khalajabadi, A. Abu, N. Ahmad, M. Kadir, A. Ismail, R. Nasiri, W. Haider, N. Redzuan,
Biodegradable Mg/HA/TiO2 Nanocomposites Coated with MgO and Si/MgO for Orthopedic Applications: A Study on the Corrosion, Surface Characterization, and Biocompatability, Coatings: Volume 7 Issue 10 (2017),154 pp. 1-24.
- Zia ur Rahman, K.M. Deen, Lawrence Cano, Waseem
The effects of parametric changes in electropolishing process on surface properties of 316L stainless steel,
Applied Surface Science 410 (2017) pp. 432–444
- U.H. Shah, K.M. Deen, Z. Rahman, H. Asgar, W.
Peculiar behavior of TiO2 tubular structure for water reduction in dark and under natural light exposure,
Materials Letters 198 (2017) pp. 188–191
- S. Khalajabadi, N. Ahmad, S. Izman, A. Abu, W.
Haider, M. Kadir, "In vitro biodegradation, electrochemical corrosion evaluations and mechanical properties of an Mg/HA/TiO2 nanocomposite for biomedical applications"
Journal of Alloys and Compounds: Volume 696, (2017) pp. 768-781.
- M. Abu-Shams, W.
Haider, and I. Shabib, "Evolution of displacement cascades in Fe-Cr structures with different  grain boundaries". Radiation Effects and Defects in Solids.
- F. Muhammad A. Ahmad, A. Farooq, W.
Haider, "Effect of post weld heat treatment on mechanical and electrochemical properties of X2CrNiMo17-13-2 stainless steel",
Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance: Volume 25, Issue 10 (2016) pp. 4283-4291.
- Z. Rahman, I. Shabib, and W.
Haider, "Surface characterization and cytotoxicity analysis of plasma sprayed coatings on titanium alloys"
Materials Science and Engineering C 67 (2016) pp. 675–683.
- Z. Rahman, L. Pompa, W.
Electrochemical characterization and in-vitro bio-assessment of AZ31B and AZ91E alloys as biodegradable implant materials,
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 26 (2015) 217.
- Z. Rahman, W.
Haider, L. Pompa, K. Deen, “Electrochemical and Osteoblast Adhesion Study of Engineered TiO2 Nanotubular Surfaces on Various Titanium Alloys”
Materials Science and Engineering C 58 (2016) pp. 160-168.
- L. Pompa, Z. Rahman, E. Munoz, W.
Haider, “Surface Characterization and Cytotoxicity Response of Biodegradable Magnesium Alloys”
Materials Science and Engineering C: (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.msec.2015.01.017.
- P. Gill, V. Musaramthota, N. Munroe, A. Datye, R. Dua, W.
Haider, A. McGoron, R. Rokicki, “Surface Modification of Ni-Ti Alloys for Stent Application after Magnetoelectropolishing”
Materials Science and Engineering C: (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.msec.2015.01.009.
- R. Rokicki, W.
Haider, S. Maffi, “Hemocompatibility Improvement of Chromium Bearing Bare Metal Stent Platform After Magnetoelectropolishing”,
Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance: Volume 24, Issue 1 (2015) pp. 345-352.
- C. Pulletikurthi, N. Munroe, D. Stewart, W.
Haider, S. Amruthaluri, R. Rokicki, M. Dugrot, S. Ramaswamy, “Utility of Magneto-electropolished Ternary Nitinol Alloys for Blood-Contacting Applications”,
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials: (2014) DOI: 10.1002/jbm.b.33317.
- M. Rizwan, A. Ahmad, K. M. Deen, W.
Haider, “Electrochemical Behavior and Biological Response of Mesenchymal Stem Cells on cp-Ti after N-ions Implantation”,
Applied Surface Science: Volume 320 (2014) pp. 718-724.
- A. Farooq, K. M. Deen, M. A. Raza, R. Ahmad, A. Salam, I. H. Khan, W.
Haider, “Peculiar Corrosion Behavior of SS316L in Simulated Cooling Water at Various pH”,
Material Performance: Volume 53 No.10 (2014) pp. 44-47.
- K. M. Deen, A. Farooq, M. A. Raza, W.
Haider, “Effect of Electrolyte Composition on TiO2 Nanotubular Structure Formation and its Electrochemical Evaluation”,
Electrochimica Acta: Volume 117 (2014) 329-335.
- K. M. Deen, A. Farooq, M. A. Raza, R. Ahmad, W.
Haider, "Estimating the Degradation of Methylethionium Chloride Dye on Nanotubular TiO2 Structure",
Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (2014). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2014.07.003.
- Z. Rahman, L. Pompa, W.
Influence of Electropolishing and Magnetoelectropolishing on Corrosion and Biocompatibility of Titanium Implants,
Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance: Volume 23, Issue 11 (2014) pp. 3907-3915
- R. Rokicki, W.
Haider, T. Hryneiewicz, “Influence of Sodium Hypochlorite Treatment of Electropolished and Magnetoelectropolished Nitinol Surfaces on Adhesion and Proliferation of MC3T3 Pre Osteoblast Cells”,
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine: Volume 23, (2012) pp 2127-2139.