Xu Zhang is an assistant professor in the School of Engineering and Technology at Central Michigan University. She received her PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Michigan Technological university in 2018. Prior to CMU she was as assistant professor in Saginaw Valley State University. Her research interests lie in the broad fields of electromagnetics including metamaterials, diffraction-unlimited imaging and stopped light.
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 2018
- MS, Physical Electronics, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2012
- BS, Electronic Science and Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2010
Areas of Interest
- Metamaterials and Plasmonics
- High Resolution Imaging
- Slow and Stopped Light
- X. Zhang and D. O. Guney, Adverse effect of material absorption on slow light air waveguides with negative index metamaterial cladding, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 36, 248 (2019).