The Center for Geographic Information Center at Central Michigan University has provided geospatial facilities and services to the university, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and private industry for over 25 years. As a regional leader in the Geographic Information Science, CGIS promotes and supports inter/multi/trans-disciplinary creative and scholarly activities through the development and application of geospatial technologies.
The Center for Geographic Information Science provides geospatial services to students, faculty, and staff at CMU as well as to governmental, non-profit, and commercial organizations. Consultations are free; project fees will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Examples of services include:
- Consultations: Data and Research Methods
- Custom Cartography and Geovisualization
- GIS Data and Database Development
- Remote Sensing
- Satellite & Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Hyperspectral, Multispectral, LiDAR, Photogrammetry
- Object-Based Image Analysis, Digital Elevation Models, Machine Learning
- Spatial Analysis and Modeling