The series of eight lessons in the MEECS Air Quality Unit have been developed to answer eight key questions:
- What is in the air?
- Why should we be concerned about air quality?
- What are the sources of air pollution?
- How can we measure air quality?
- How can we tall what the quality of the air is today?
- What has been done about air pollution?
- What can we do about air pollution?
- How can our action impact the world?
Aligned to the Michigan Grade Level content expectations, the lessons in the unit consist of a core set of activities with enhancements and extensions focusing primarily on outdoor air quality. There are a variety of activities for the classroom, computer laboratory, and the outdoors.