Students learn how early people migrated out of Africa, and learned to adapt to physical environments to survive.Prehistoric Population of World Regions
- Students answer the questions: "Where do archeologists think humans first lived on earth? and "How did humans spread around the world?"
Life of Early People -
4 activities to help students use satellite maps and environments to compare daily lives of hunter gatherers, pastoral people, and early farmers.
- Environments on a Satellite Image - students describe rainforest, desert and grasslands as depicted on a satellite image.
- Daily Life of Early Peoples - students use illustrations to compare how hunter gatherers, pastoral people, and farmers lived.
- Agricultural Environments - students learn where early farming was possible before modern technology, based on environmental factors.
- Beginnings of Agriculture - students map some of the places where archeologists have found evidence of early agriculture and then determine where some early agricultural settlements were located.